Optional Features for Shipping Containers
Shipping containers can come with many additional features and configurations. Most people do not know what options they have when getting a shipping container, but these options can make your shipping container better suited for your needs (at a low price as well). Here are some of the most common features that customers choose to add on to shipping containers:
- Shelves / Racking Systems - Racking systems make it much easier to organize things in your container. Instead of just loading everything on top of everything else, shelving systems can make it easier to access important things.
- Ramps - Ramp installation makes it much easier to load and unload things inside your container. If you are constantly storing, and taking out things from your container then you will probably want a shipping container with ramps installed (especially if you are storing heavy items).
- Ventilation - Some shipping containers come with roof top air vents as well as side air vents. Depending on your local climate, air vents may be a wise upgrade.
- Refrigeration - Refrigerated shipping containers (also called reefers), are common in the food industry. If you are storing any type of perishable food, then a refrigerated container is the way to go.
- Dual Doors - Most shipping containers only come with doors on one side. For larger containers, it can be extremely difficult to access things in the back unless you have doors on both ends.
- Side Doors - Depending on where you are keeping your unit, you may need to have side doors installed.
These are the most common add-ons for shipping containers. Almost all companies will offer these features, and many local companies will offer others as well, just ask them.